Tickets for Grand Ole Opry shows may be purchased at the following authorized points of purchase:
- In Person
Tickets are available at the Opry Box Office and the Ryman Auditorium Box Office.
- By Phone
Call Opry Customer Service at 1-800-SEE-OPRY
Visit the Grand Ole Opry website.
- Special Events
For some special events being held at the Opry House, tickets may also be available via TicketMaster (online at TicketMaster.com, at a TicketMaster Outlet or by calling TicketMaster at (800) 745-3000). Tickets purchased through TicketMaster are subject to TicketMaster service fees in addition to the cost of the ticket.
These sources are the only authorized ticket-selling agents of events at the Grand Ole Opry House. Please be advised that we cannot vouch for the authenticity of tickets obtained through any other source. The Grand Ole Opry House will not honor counterfeit or other invalid tickets.
As an event start time approaches, please purchase your tickets directly from the Opry Box Office as online and phone sales will be cut off at varying times based on event time.
Should you opt to purchase tickets from a source other than an authorized Grand Ole Opry point of purchase, beware!
- The Grand Ole Opry is not responsible for tickets purchased through unauthorized third parties, such as ticket brokers, scalpers or online outlets.
- Tickets purchased from third parties may not be valid and do not guarantee admission into an event.
- Tickets purchased from third parties are usually priced much higher than the ticket’s face value so you will pay more than the price charged by the Grand Ole Opry for the same ticket.
- The Grand Ole Opry cannot replace such tickets if lost or stolen and cannot contact you with information regarding time changes, show cancellations, or other pertinent information.
- Tickets are good only for the event for which they are purchased and only for the seat for which they are issued. Tickets are not transferrable. Tickets are limited revocable licenses which may be revoked at the sole discretion of the Grand Ole Opry.
- Without our prior permission, resale of tickets to the Grand Ole Opry above face value, is prohibited. Any such attempted resale is grounds for cancellation without compensation and will void the ticket (whether this occurs before or after the ticket has been printed).
A ticket handling fee is charged on all tickets ordered online or through the call center. Handling fees for Grand Ole Opry shows are not charged on tickets purchased at the Opry Box office. Handling fees are generally charged on other events held at the Grand Ole Opry House and those fees, and how they are charged, are determined by that show.
The Grand Ole Opry House provides disabled accommodations and sells tickets to disabled individuals through Opry Customer Service at (800) 733-6779.
Accepted Forms of Payment
Cash, American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, are all acceptable forms of payment at our Opry Box Office. We also accept checks or money orders with a valid photo ID for tickets purchased at the Opry Box Office only.
Please check the event profile for your specific event for the minimum age requirement prior to your purchase of tickets. For Grand Ole Opry events, all children who have reached their fourth birthday require a ticket to gain admittance to the Grand Ole Opry House. Any child who has yet to reach their fourth birthday does not require a ticket, however, they may not occupy their own seat and must sit on a parent’s or guardian’s lap. Special events being held at the Opry House may have other age policies. Please call 1-800-SEE-OPRY if you have questions any weekday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT.
If you have lost your tickets or they have been stolen prior to your event, please return to your point of purchase for further assistance. If you have purchased tickets for the Grand Ole Opry, call Opry Customer Service at 1-800-SEE-OPRY. If you have purchased tickets through TicketMaster for an event held at the Grand Ole Opry House via phone or TicketMaster online, please call TicketMaster Customer Service.
Your ticket stub is proof that you are in possession of a valid ticket for the event that you are attending and also designates your correct seat location. This information will also help our staff locate your party in the event that you become separated. Grand Ole Opry staff may ask to see your ticket at any time during the event.
Grand Ole Opry show and tour tickets are non-refundable. At times, artists change their date of appearance after they have been added to the opry.com Calendar of Shows, but because every Grand Ole Opry show is comprised of many artists, shows go on as scheduled and no refunds will be issued. For tickets purchased for other events held at the Grand Ole Opry House, please contact the point of ticket purchase regarding cancellations as event promoter policies vary. Contact Customer Service at 1-800-SEE-OPRY for additional information or assistance.
For most events at the Grand Ole Opry House, all exits are final.
While some artists may cancel for an Opry performance, the Opry event will remain as scheduled. Unused tickets will not be refunded. For other events scheduled in the Grand Ole Opry House, please contact the point of ticket purchase regarding cancellations. You may visit opry.com or you may contact Customer Service at 1-800-SEE-OPRY for additional information or assistance.