Rascal Flatts -- Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus and Joe Don Rooney -- are the best-selling and most-awarded country vocal group of the past decade. Jay and Gary, second cousins from Columbus, Ohio and Joe Don, a Picher, Oklahoma native, began their musical journey at a local bar in Nashville’s Printer’s Alley.
After landing a record deal, the group recorded their self-titled debut album in 2000. “Prayin’ for Daylight” became the group's first smash single. And so began a string of multi-platinum albums and monster singles. The band’s second album, Melt, appeared in October 2002. With the success of the first single, “These Days,” Melt sold a million copies in just eight weeks. A live album served as a bridge between Melt and 2004’s chart-topping Feels Like Today, while Me and My Gang arrived in April 2006. The group’s 2007 release, Still Feels Good, including hits such as “Take Me There” was certified platinum that same year. Flatts’ Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 album was released Oct. 28, 2008. The aptly named Unstoppable bowed in 2009 and the hits continued with radio favorites including “Here Comes Goodbye” and “Summer Nights.” A move to a new record label in 2010 brought continued success with the album Nothing Like This and hits including “Why Wait” and “Easy.”
They now boast over 20 million albums and 25 million digital downloads sold, 13 No. 1 singles and over 6 million concert tickets sold.
With all the hits came millions of fans at live shows and awards to fill each group member’s mantle, now totaling over 40 awards. Among them, the seven wins as the Academy of Country Music’s Top Vocal Group Award. The Country Music Association honored the group with its Horizon (Best New Artist) Award in 2002 followed by six consecutive Vocal Group of the Year trophies.
Amid all their success, the guys in Rascal Flatts always made visits to the Grand Ole Opry. On September 27, 2011 the group received a coveted invitation to join the Opry family. Rascal Flatts’ dreams came true when the group was added to the Opry’s member roster less than two weeks later on October 8.
“Blessed, honored, humbled, grateful—Those are words that come to mind when I stand right here with my two compadres in this famous circle.”
- JOE DON ROONEY
- Compass - Single(2018)
- Dancin' On My Grave - Single(2018)
- She Must Like Broken Hearts - Single(2018)
- Bring the Family - Single(2018)
- Wildfire - Single(2018)
- Back To Us(2017)
- Back to Us (Deluxe Version)(2017)
- The Greatest Gift of All(2016)
- My Wish (10th Anniversary) - Single(2016)
- What Hurts the Most (feat. Rascal Flatts) - Single(2012)
- Changed (Deluxe Edition)(2012)
- Artist Karaoke Series: Rascal Flatts(2011)
- The Best of Rascal Flatts (Live)(2011)
- Unstoppable (Olympics Mix) - Single(2010)
- Nothing Like This(2010)
- Mary, Did You Know? - Single(2010)
- Unwrapped - EP(2009)
- Unwrapped - EP(2009)
- The Hot Mixes - Single(2008)
- Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 (Remastered)(2008)
- Still Feels Good(2007)
- Revolution (From the Movie Evan Almighty) - Single(2007)
- Me and My Gang (Bonus Track Version)(2006)
- Rascal Flatts Live - EP(2005)
- Feels Like Today(2004)
- Rascal Flatts(2000)