OK, so we know that Taylor Swift is the most active country star on Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
But how does TayTay stack up against the other Celebrity Social Media Superstars? Well, let’s turn to Forbes magazine – the ultimate celebrity list maker – for the answer.
With 17 million Twitter followers and 33.6 million Facebook fans, Taylor ranks – drumroll, please – No. 8.
Wow, hard to believe anyone has more followers and likes than that.
But in fact, Rihanna finished in the top spot, with nearly 60 million Facebook fans and almost 24 million Twitter followers.
Here’s the list:
1. Rihanna: 23.8 million Twitter followers/59.6 million Facebook fans
2. Lady Gaga: 28 million Twitter followers/53 million Facebook fans
3. Eminem: 11.9 million Twitter followers/60.3 million Facebook fans
4. Justin Bieber: 26 million Twitter followers/45.8 million Facebook fans
5. Katy Perry: 24.5 million Twitter followers/45.7 million Facebook fans
6. Shakira: 17.6 million Twitter followers/52.5 million Facebook fans
7. Cristiano Ronaldo: 12 million Twitter followers/47.5 million Facebook fans
8. Taylor Swift: 17 million Twitter followers/33.6 million Facebook fans
9. Lil Wayne: 7.9 million Twitter followers/40 million Facebook fans
10. Selena Gomez: .3 million Twitter followers/33 million Facebook fans
And just to further prove that Taylor loves the World Wide Web, she’s hosting a live chat today (Aug. 13) at 6 p.m. CST on YouTube.com. Taylor will talk about new music and answer fans’ questions in real time.
Bet Rihanna’s not doing THAT today!
Pucker up: Blake lays one on Carson Daly
Speaking of social media, Blake Shelton does like to push the envelope on his Twitter page, right?
I mean, the language, the bawdy jokes, the occasional strongly-worded stand on issues of the day. . . let’s just say that Blake ain’t skeered!
But this might be a first for even Blake: He put up a picture of him locking lips with The Voice host Carson Daly.
— Blake Shelton (@blakeshelton) August 11, 2012
Yes, we believe you. No further proof required.
Carrie Underwood is blown away by the actor who plays her dad
Have you seen the video yet for Carrie Underwood’s latest, “Blown Away”?
Carrie tells CMT she was blown away by the actor who played her father. He apparently was VERY convincing at playing the role of an angry dad.
“I felt uncomfortable, to be honest,” Carrie said. “He was that good because he was so intense and so angry.”
Carrie said there was no script for the scene, that they just went for it.
“And I actually left with bruises on my arm from when he would grab me and I would pull away,” she said.
Carrie’s BLOWN AWAY TOUR date for Nashville is September 23, and she wants to meet you there! CLICK HERE to enter to win a tip to Nashville, tickets to the show, stay at the Gaylord Opryland resort, and more!
Watch the music video below, and check out Carrie’s performance from the Opry stage: